Building Central European – American Bridges in the Life Sciences: Hungary, Poland and the BioForum
Hosted by Quinnipiac University’s Central European Institute and Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship in partnership with Bio-Tech Consulting Sp z o.o. (Poland) and the Central European BioForum.
Central European companies that will be present: Selvita S.A. (Poland), Mabion S.A. (Poland), Dzzom (Hungary), Solvo Biotechnology (Hungary) and CaroGen Corporation (Hungary).
January 27, 2017 at Quinnipiac University North Haven Campus
Morning session I, “Opportunities in Poland”, 8:30 AM – 10:00 AM:
- ‘Another Sleeping Giant? The Landscape of the Polish Life Science Sector’; speaker: Tadeusz Pietrucha, Bio-Tech Consulting Ltd.
- ‘Private and Public R&D Funding in Poland: What Are We Doing in Our Labs?’; speaker: Mateusz Wołkowicz, Bio-Tech Consulting Ltd.
- 3-4 Polish company presentations; speakers: company representatives
Coffee Break, 10:00 – 10:30
Morning session II, “Opportunities in Hungary” 10:30 – 12:00:
- ‘The Life Sciences and Innovation in Hungary’; speaker: H.E. Amb. Ferenc Kumin, Hungarian Consul General
- ‘The Landscape of the Hungarian Biotech and Bio-Informatics Sector’; speaker: Marcell Veidner, VP of the Hungarian Biotech Association
- 3-4 Hungarian company presentations; speakers: company representatives
Lunch & Tour, 12:00 – 2:00:
- ‘Welcome from Quinnipiac School of Medicine’; speaker: Dean Bruce Koeppen
- Keynote Address by Catherine Smith, Commissioner of the Connecticut Department of Economic and Community Development (DECD)
- Tour of Quinnipiac School of Medicine
Coffee Break, 2:00 – 2:30
Afternoon Session: “Bringing It All Together”, 2:30 – 4:00 PM:
- ‘BioForum–The right place for US companies to do business in Central Europe’; speaker: Tadeusz Pietrucha, Bio-Tech Consulting Ltd., organizer of BioForum
- ‘Connecticut Connecticut’s Science Community’; speaker from CURE
- ‘Connecticut-CEE Partnership Opportunities’; speaker: Daniel Wagner, Managing Director of Investments, CT Innovation
- ‘Quinnipac Innovation and the Life Sciences’; speaker: Prof. Normal Gray, Director, Quinnipac Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship and Carlton Highsmith Endowed Chair
Closing Wine and Cheese Reception, 4:00 – 6:00 PM
- Remarks by Carlton Highsmith, Chairman of the Board, Connecticut Center for Arts & Technology, ‘Opportunities, Innovation and Possibilities in connecticut’
Private Dinner, Invitation Only